What you must know before buying your first guitar . . .
Many people are reluctant to invest too much money on a “first” instrument, thinking that they or their children may not continue with it. Because of this, there is a very large market for inexpensive instruments. Manufacturers and suppliers are eager to fill the market with cheap guitars to meet this demand.
Unfortunately, this can be a “Catch-22” situation for the inexperienced player, parent, or child. Generally, inexpensive instruments are not very playable or adjustable and tend to impede the learning process. In frustration the would-be player may give up, thus realizing their original fear of not being able to play or follow through with it, which was their reason for purchasing an inexpensive instrument in the first place.
Why would a student who is excited about learning an instrument suddenly lose interest? The student may not want to play a poorly-manufactured guitar because they can’t even push the strings down to get a clear tone. They may feel it’s just too difficult for them. Younger students often lack the ability to process or verbalize why they don’t want to play anymore.
At this point, parents often experience frustration because of their perceived “wasted investment.” They purchased an instrument that their child wanted and then “they wouldn’t even stick with it”!
This situation results in a tremendous loss for everyone involved, the least of which may be musical potential that remains undiscovered. Too often the damage results in diminished confidence and feelings of failure. The prospective player or parent may be reluctant to attempt anything else that requires this kind of up-front investment again.
A quality instrument would have afforded them a better opportunity to learn.
Before buying a guitar it is important that you find out what has been done to ensure that the instrument is playable. How can you know that you are not getting a bad guitar?
Here is what we do for you:
- We inspect each guitar we receive. Instruments that do not meet our standards are returned to our supplier.
- We give you a concrete advantage from the start by meticulously inspecting and adjusting each instrument before allowing it to be sold.
- In most cases we can adjust your guitar to better than factory condition.
- Our discount packages save you time and money. We took the time to make customized packages for each and every guitar we sell. You will find everything you need in one place and for one price.
- The teacher-selected guitars we sell here are the same guitars we sell to our students. We offer quality guitars that are adjustable, affordable, and most importantly playable, giving you or your children a better opportunity to learn.
Begin your musical journey now by browsing through the acoustic, electric, bass or classical guitars on our site. In order to make your choice easier, we recently removed all guitars from our web site except for the ones we most often recommend to beginning students.