How we make this guitar better
The work we do on this guitar greatly reduces the risk of quitting before you even get started. You will experience far less finger discomfort so you can learn faster, better and play longer. As a result, this guitar will easily respond to your playing and will not be a learning obstacle. We have thoroughly inspected, seasoned, setup and adjusted this guitar to exacting specifications. This is a minimum 10 day process which results in this guitar being very easy to play and sounding its best.
- We inspected this guitar for quality construction and finish before we invested time in seasoning and adjusting.
- Next we tuned the guitar to standard pitch and hung it in a temperature and humidity controlled room for a minimum of 9 days. This allows the woods to settle and stabilize under tension and prepares it for our adjustments.
- After the 9 day seasoning process the truss rod was adjusted to give the neck and fingerboard enough relief to allow for the vibration arc of the strings over the length of the fingerboard. This allows for easy playability without string buzz on the frets.
- We cut and filed the bridge saddle to the proper height for easy playability (action) up and down the fingerboard and sanded the bottom flat and smooth for maximum energy transfer of the strings through the saddle and bridge to the guitar top. This helps produce the best balanced tones and overtones.
- Next we cut the nut slot of each string to an exact depth for proper string height (action) above the first fret. This helps to make the guitar extremely easy to play, especially in 1st position.
- All frets are checked to be level with the surrounding frets. If not, they are honed, re-crowned and polished. This makes the fingerboard an even playing field for extremely easy playability and is a major contribution to the groundwork of accurate technical development. You get better playing results, learn faster and experience far greater enjoyment making music.
- We file all sharp fret ends that protrude beyond the fingerboard edge so they do not scratch the fingers while playing.
- We hydrate and/or oil the fingerboard and bridge.
- The guitar is cleaned and polished with a museum grade polish.
Please see the following link for more information on our FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjustment.
This Concert/Folk 40″ guitar along with our setup and adjustment process makes it very easy for you or your kids to be successful in learning to play the guitar. Our setups and adjustments greatly reduce finger pain and discomfort so you immediately experience good results. You will learn faster and play longer. These positive results generate the desire for continued learning which greatly reduces the risk of quitting or developing bad technical playing habits.
Notes for Parents, Grandparents and Caregivers
We have setup and adjusted this guitar to professional standards. As a result, we can present you with the best sounding and easiest playing guitar possible. The guitar is well adjusted and stable so it can effectively hold the adjustments for longer periods of time with proper care. You or your child can play more often, learn faster and get results that encourage continued learning.
You or your child can learn to play notes and chords that ring clearly and develop proper playing technique. Learning can also be accelerated with the guidance of a good teacher. This after all, is what every parent and teacher wants for kids who have expressed an interest in playing the guitar. Their education is affected by the playing quality of the guitar, the materials they have to work with and the encouragement of those around them.
Notes for Guitar Teachers
You will find it very easy to teach children and adults on our FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjusted Guitars because we have inspected, seasoned and reworked this guitar at the neck, fingerboard, saddle and nut so it is extremely easy to play. We have removed all the variables that cause a guitar to be difficult or impossible to play which causes many new players to quit the instrument.
This guitar will enhance the teaching and learning process because it is so easy for your students to play notes and chords clearly. It will easily respond to your students playing and will accurately reflect their efforts and move them forward to better technical and musical development. It is also easy to accurately tune so they can tune more often which greatly contributes to early ear training. You can spend your time doing what you do best – teaching the joy and excitement of learning how to play an instrument – without the instrument itself being a barrier to learning. Our FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjusted Guitars will make it easier for you to teach and easier for your students to learn.
This Concert/Folk acoustic guitar has been built with quality construction and components. Along with the FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjustment process it all adds up to a great instrument with easy playability and balanced tone. It is well-suited for all styles of acoustic playing from strumming to finger-style picking. The size and tone of this guitar is also perfect for singer/songwriters.
- For Ages 12 to Adult
- FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjustments
- Excellent Craftsmanship
- Visually striking
- Fully Functional Truss Rod for Neck Adjustments
- Professional quality Die Cast Tuning Machines insure smooth, fast and accurate tuning
- Distinctive Professional Appearance
Recommended String Gauge
No greater than Light Gauge Strings .012 through .054.
Finish and Construction
- Black Gloss Finish
- Select Laminated Spruce Top
- Mahogany Back & Sides
- Adjustable Mahogany Neck
- Dot Inlays on Fingerboard and Binding
- Single Ply Cream Fingerboard Binding
- 2 Piece Back with Abalone Type stripe
- Single Ply Cream Back Binding
- Cream Bridge Pins with Abalone Dot
- Abalone Type Rosette
- 7 Ply Binding with Abalone Type Stripe
- Chrome Die Cast Tuning Machines
- Overall Length…………… 40 1/2”
- Scale Length …………….. 25 1/2”
- Nut Width ………………… 1 11/16″”
- Fingerboard Radius …… 16”
- Body Depth ……………… 3 5/8 – 4 1/16″
- Body Length ……………. 19 3/16”
- Upper Bout ……………… 11 3/8”
- Lower Bout …………….. 15 5/16”
- Waist ………………………. 9 7/8″
All measurements to the nearest 8th inch.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.