How we make this guitar better
We provide the absolute best playing guitars for kids so they have the greatest opportunity to learn while having fun growing musically and intellectually.
This is the work we do to provide you with the best playing guitars for your kids:
We have thoroughly inspected, seasoned and adjusted this guitar to exacting specifications. This is a minimum 10 day process which results in this guitar being very easy to play and having a pleasing, well balanced tone.
- We inspected this guitar for quality construction before we invested time in seasoning and adjusting.
- Next we tuned the guitar to standard pitch and hung it in a temperature and humidity controlled room for a minimum of 9 days. This allows the woods to settle and stabilize under tension and prepares it for our detailed adjustments.
- After the 9 day seasoning process the truss rod was adjusted* to give the neck and fingerboard enough relief to allow for the vibration arc of the strings over the length of the fingerboard. This allows for easy playability without string buzz on the frets.
- We cut and filed the bridge saddle to the proper height for easy playability (action) up and down the fingerboard and filed the bottom flat and smooth for maximum energy transfer of the strings through the saddle and bridge to the guitar top. This helps produce the best balanced tones and overtones.
- Next we cut the nut slot of each string to an exact depth for proper string height (action) above the first fret. This helps to make the guitar extremely easy to play, especially in 1st position.
Please see the following link for more information on our FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjustment.
* 30” 1/4 size nylon string guitars do not require a truss rod
As a guitar teacher, I have been looking for a quality kid size nylon string guitar like this for years. It is easy for kids to hold and the width of the fingerboard is perfect for the hands of a young player. In every aspect this guitar is properly proportioned for young kids. This guitar along with our seasoning and adjustment process helps to make it easy for kids to be successful in learning to play the guitar. The sound is balanced and clear which helps in early ear training. The guitar “feels” right to play and kids are excited to play it as it looks like a full size guitar, only it fits them.
The internal construction and braces are the same as full size guitars, but in a smaller version and the fingerboard meets the guitar body at the 12th fret just like a full size nylon string guitar which helps young kids easily transition to the next size guitar. Another great feature is that it has tuning gears that are easy to use. Kids will have a greater opportunity to learn to tune earlier and do it better.
This is my favorite nylon string guitar for my young students to play. In almost every detail it is perfect for young kids to play and learn on.
Notes for Parents, Grandparents and Caregivers
A kids first guitar will lay the foundation for everything else they will learn and will either prepare them for greater things to come or frustrate their learning abilities.
This amazing little guitar is up to the task of creating a great foundation. Built with the same features and designs as well made full size guitars, but only a smaller version. It is the right size for kids in every detail and they will easily transition to larger guitars as they get older because the basic designs of this entire line of guitars is consistent. The only difference being the age appropriate sizes.
Because this kid size nylon string guitar is so well made, it is much easier for us here at FirstGuitar to season and adjust as compared to cheaper, lower quality kids guitars which can never be consistently adjusted or made playable.
As a result, we can present you with the best sounding and easiest playing guitar possible. The woods are more stable and can hold their adjustments better with the proper care.
This guitar can actually be played by the younger player. They can learn to play notes and chords that ring clearly and develop proper playing technique with the guidance of a good teacher. This after all, is what every parent and teacher wants for kids who have expressed an interest in playing the guitar. Their education is affected by the playability of the guitar and the materials they have to work with.
Notes for Guitar Teachers
You will find it very easy to teach children on our FirstGuitar Custom Adjusted Guitars because we have inspected, seasoned and reworked this guitar at the neck, saddle and nut so it is extremely easy to play.
This guitar will enhance the teaching and learning experience because it is so easy for kids to play notes and chords clearly. In particular, this Ortega Nylon String guitar has a smaller nut width and thinner neck profile which is just right for the hands of young players.
This guitar is very well constructed and possesses a rich balanced tone. You will be surprised by the tonal quality of such a small guitar and the balanced tone will make a great contribution to early ear development. It is also easier to tune than cheaper guitars which means young students can learn to tune with the help of a tuner which also greatly contributes to early ear training.
This guitar is the right size, easy to hold, easy to play and sounds great. You can spend your time doing what you do best – teaching the joy and excitement of learning how to play an instrument – without the instrument itself being a barrier to learning. Our FirstGuitar Custom Adjusted Guitars will make it easier for you to teach and easier for your students to learn.
|Wood, neck||solid mahogany|
|Nut width||43,5 mm|
|Depth, body||75 mm|