How we make this guitar better
The work we do on this guitar greatly reduces the risk of quitting before you even get started. You will experience far less finger discomfort so you can learn faster, better and play longer. As a result, this guitar will easily respond to your playing and will not be a learning obstacle. We have thoroughly inspected, seasoned, setup and adjusted this guitar to exacting specifications. This is a minimum 10 day process which results in this guitar being very easy to play and sounding its best.
- We inspected this guitar for quality construction and finish before we invested time in seasoning and adjusting.
- Next we tuned the guitar to standard pitch and hung it in a temperature and humidity controlled room for a minimum of 9 days. This allows the woods to settle and stabilize under tension and prepares it for our adjustments.
- After the 9 day seasoning process the truss rod was adjusted to give the neck and fingerboard enough relief to allow for the vibration arc of the strings over the length of the fingerboard. This allows for easy playability without string buzz on the frets.
- We adjusted the bridge to the proper height for easy playability (action) up and down the fingerboard. This helps produce the best balanced tones and overtones.
- We checked and adjusted each string saddle for accurate intonation for each string. This is necessary so the guitar plays in tune for the entire length of the fingerboard.
- Next we cut the nut slot of each string to an exact depth for proper string height (action) above the first fret. This helps to make the guitar extremely easy to play, especially in 1st position.
- All frets are checked to be level with the surrounding frets. If not, they are honed, re-crowned and polished. This makes the fingerboard an even playing field for extremely easy playability and is a major contribution to the groundwork of accurate technical development. You get better playing results, learn faster and experience far greater enjoyment making music.
- We file all sharp fret ends that protrude beyond the fingerboard edge so they do not scratch the fingers while playing.
- We hydrate and/or oil the fingerboard.
- The guitar is cleaned and polished with a museum grade polish.
Please see the following link for more information on our FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjustment.
This Full Size Vintage Style Single Cutaway Electric Guitar along with our setup and adjustment process makes it very easy for you to be successful in learning to play the guitar. Our setups and adjustments greatly reduce finger pain and discomfort so you immediately experience good results. You will learn faster and play longer. These positive results generate the desire for continued learning which greatly reduces the risk of quitting or developing bad technical playing habits.
Notes for New Players, Parents, Grandparents and Caregivers
We have setup and adjusted this guitar to professional standards. As a result, we can present you with the best sounding and easiest playing guitar possible. The guitar is well adjusted and stable so it can effectively hold the adjustments for longer periods of time with proper care. You can play more often, learn faster and get results that encourage you to continue learning.
You can learn to play notes and chords that ring clearly and develop proper playing technique. You will experience more fun and enjoyment as this guitar will easily respond to your playing. Learning can also be accelerated with the guidance of a good teacher who will encourage you and pace your lessons to fit your lifestyle and goals.
Notes for Guitar Teachers
As an experienced teacher you know how hard it is to teach students on guitars that are too difficult to play. It is always uncomfortable explaining to students and parents why the guitar they purchased is not adequate to learn on and develop good playing habits.
With our FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjusted Guitars, you will find it very easy to teach students and adults because we have inspected, seasoned and reworked this guitar at the neck, fingerboard, bridge and nut so it is extremely easy to play. We have removed all the variables that cause a guitar to be difficult or impossible to play which causes many new players to quit the instrument.
This guitar will enhance the teaching and learning process because it is so easy for your students to play notes and chords clearly. It will easily respond to your students playing and will accurately reflect their efforts and move them forward to better technical and musical development. It is also easy to accurately tune so they can tune more often which greatly contributes to early ear training. You can spend your time doing what you do best – teaching the joy and excitement of learning how to play an instrument – without the instrument itself being a barrier to learning. Our FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjusted Guitars will make it easier for you to teach and easier for your students to learn.
This Full Size Vintage Style Single Cutaway Electric Guitar has been built with quality construction and components. Along with the FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjustment process it all adds up to a great instrument with easy playability and balanced tone. It is perfect for players who prefer the warmth of double coil humbucker pickups. It is well-suited for all styles of electric guitar music.
- For Ages 10 to Adult
- FirstGuitar Custom Setup and Adjustments
- High gloss finish
- Classic Single Cutaway Style
- Excellent Craftsmanship
- Visually striking
- Fully Functional Truss Rod for Neck Adjustments
- Professional quality Die Cast Tuning Machines insure smooth, fast and accurate tuning
- Distinctive Professional Appearance
Recommended String Gauge
No greater than Light Gauge Strings .009 through .042.
Finish and Construction
- Flame Transparent Purple Burst Finish
- Classic Single Cutaway Style
- Mahogany Body
- Adjustable Maple set in Neck
- Inlays on Fingerboard and Binding
- Single Ply Cream Top Binding
- Single Ply Cream Fingerboard Binding
- Single Ply Cream Headstock Binding
- Tune-o-matic Bridge with Stop Tailpiece
- 2 Humbucker Pickups
- 2 Volume & 2 Tone Controls
- 3-way Pickup Selector Switch
- Chrome Die Cast Tuning Machines
- Overall Length…………… 39”
- Scale Length …………….. 25”
- Nut Width ………………… 1 11/16″”
- Fingerboard Radius …… 16”
- Body Depth ……………… 1 3/4″
- Body Length ……………. 17 7/16”
- Upper Bout ……………… 9”
- Lower Bout …………….. 13”
- Waist ………………………. 7 1/4″
All measurements to the nearest 8th inch.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.