Why do we offer a steel string guitar rather than a nylon string guitar for children ages 4 to 6?
In this audio clip, FirstGuitar co-founder Jim Thomas answers the question from his perspective as a professional guitar teacher.
Listen to find out:
- Why we recommend 30″ steel string guitars for ages 4, 5 and 6, even though 30” nylon string guitars are also available.
- What criteria should be used to decide between nylon or steel strings for the young guitar student?
- How does the style of music you want to play affect the choice between nylon or steel strings?
- Which type of strings is best for ear training? How nylon vs. steel strings affect your child’s ability to learn proper pitch.
- Why steel strings are no harder to play than nylon strings
- How nylon strings can contribute to developmental issues
Do you have a question or comment?
Email us at email@example.com or send us a voice message with the widget on the right side of the screen. We will answer your question in a future blog post.